Thank you for your interest in piano lessons with me! In order to ensure that you or your child get the most effective and creative teaching possible, I have established the following:
The yearly session will begin on July 31, 2017 through June 16, 2018.
- Up to 36 lessons: 45 minutes or
- Upgrade to 60 minutes tuition packages for qualified students
- July 31 through December 15th – 17 lessons
- January 9 through June 16th – 19 lessons
- $25 Registration Fee for new and recurring students (due by July 10th for recurring students)
- $50 Book/Supply Fee
- Summer – June & July – Lessons or Music Work Shops (as scheduled)
- Pre-paid Annual, bi-annual or 11 equal monthly payments August-June due by the 10th of each month
- Invoices will be automated and payment options available including debit/credit cards
- A one month notice is required if you need to stop lessons
- Adult lessons are available in 6-paks with mutually agreed upon dates and times
- Pre-school lessons, designed for ages 3-5, to be arranged
- Call (925) 392-3155 or email laura@heylomusic for current rates
What Does My Yearly Tuition Cover?
- Time spent with the student
Lessons, performance classes, group lessons, travel if required.
- Time spent in preparation for the student
Trips to the music store, lesson planning, bookkeeping, development of curriculum, etc. It has been cited by professional music journals that for every hour enrolled in piano lessons, you are investing in at least 2 hours of the teachers time!
- Your teacher’s training and experience
- Recital costs and preparations
Programs, refreshments, facility rental.
- Professional organization memberships – Memberships are maintained by the teacher to enhance their teaching skills and provide the student with opportunities for festivals, competitions, and performance events.
- Professional journals
Publications to assist the teacher in keeping current on new teaching materials and trends.
- Studio expenses
Copying, computer software, incentive programs, instruments, tunings, repairs, website, newsletters.
- Music books and CDs
Materials purchased by the teacher to keep costs low for students.
- Self-employment taxes, insurance, retirement
The IMT has no corporation to assist in providing health and life insurance by matching funds. Tuition helps cover the increased living costs of your self-employed teacher.
- Continuing education
Lessons and classes that keep the teacher current on methods and techniques
- Certification costs
Professional IMTs pay to be re-certified every five years provided they have met all the continuing education and studio requirements. This keeps the teacher accountable to a professional organization.
- Book and music club memberships
This enables many discounts to be passed to students.
- Music Festivals
- Certificate of Merit Testing
- Piano Guild Certification
- Special Event Venue Rental
- Late payments $25 / Bounced checks $35
Attempt to pick a lesson time in which you feel certain. The educational cost you pay holds a week by week time in my calendar for you or your child. I can’t exchange that time or be able to make extra time to give lessons.
- Any lesson that I have to cancel, more than one week, will be made up or a credit will be given
- No payment credit or makeup lessons will be provided for students who miss lessons for any reason. If the student misses that lesson, they simply miss the benefit of that lesson.
Holiday & Break Schedule 2017/2018
June 29th – July 5th Professional Development and Independence Day
September 4th Labor Day
October 2 – 13 Fall Break
November 10th Veterans Day
November 20 – 24th Thanksgiving Break
December 18 – January 5 Winter Break
January 15th Martin Luther King Birthday
February 16th – 18th Lincoln’s Birthday and Presidents Day
March 19th – April 2nd Spring Break & District Holiday
May 28th Memorial Day Holiday
June 30th – July 8th, 2018 Summer Break